Proposed topics for consideration (A)
- A review of pelvic scanning techniques and ultrasound monitoring of ovarian follicle stimulation and endometrial development in IVF treatment cycles. Evaluation of ovarian morphology to include antral follicle numbers, risk of OHSS etc.
- Preliminary assessment of the female (pelvis + breast) and male (testes) prior to IVF treatment.
- Ultrasound examination of the uterine cavity and endometrium (saline infusion sonohysterography) and Fallopian tubes (hysterosonosalpingiography) prior to IVF treatment.
- Ultrasound procedures in IVF managements – a review of egg collection, embryo transfer, endometrial biopsy and endometrial scratching techniques.
- The impact of advanced 2D and 3D ultrasound imaging in key areas of reproductive medicine and IVF treatments.
- Early pregnancy assessment and first trimester prenatal screening following IVF.
Proposed topics for consideration (B)
- Preliminary investigation of the IVF patient (female).
- Preliminary investigation of the IVF patient (male).
- Pre-treatment cycle assessment of uterine cavity and Fallopian tubes.
- Monitoring of IVF treatment cycles.
- Egg collection and embryo transfer techniques.
- Early pregnancy and first trimester prenatal screening following IVF.